By “personally identifying information,” we mean information that directly identifies you, such as your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and email addresses. In some instances where we may need to verify your identity, we may also collect your ID, such as a Passport ID. We also collect demographic information that is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender, shopping preferences, interests, and favourites. We may also collect information about your computer when you visit our websites, including your IP address. To clarify, the given meaning of “Personal information” under this policy is in addition to the definition provided by the applicable law.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users who are under the age of 13. If a user under the age of 13 submits Personal Data to us and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a user under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably possible.
- Information You Provide:
“Personal Data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, but not limited to your: Name, telephone number, location information, city, email address and username;
- Automated information collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the website through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information: When you access and make use of the Coinlabs website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links: The website may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
Generally, we use the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our website and the Services we provide to you, communicate with you, offer you a better service, and protect our users and us. When you interact with or make use of the Coinlabs service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons.
- Recommendations and Personalization: Personalize your experience with our products, services and recommend products, features, and services that we think might be of interest to you.
- For communication purposes: We may send emails to the email address you provide to us and text messages to any cellphone number you provided to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related purposes. We use personal information from you to communicate with you about your use of the Coinlabs products via different channels (e.g., by email, chat, phone).
- Fraud detection and prevention: Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse. We use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and abuse from protecting the security and ensuring the safety of our Customers, Coinlabs, and others.
We also use collected information to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Coinlabs: We use your personal information to understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Coinlabs. We also use such information to operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to Coinlabs.
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements: in certain cases, we collect your personal information to stay in compliance with laws and relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of use.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise trade personal information collected about you through the Site, from Log-In Users or through Offline Tracking Information collected through the Services to others. The information that you provide to us is an important part of our business, and we share your personal information only as described below:
Third-Party Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers such as Shopify to make available to you our products and services for use on or through Coinlabs or employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Such services may include shipment tracking, product shipping and delivery, development and enhancement, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with these third parties to enable them to provide these services. We may share Offline Tracking Information with our contractors to link such data to the personal data of a particular customer and aggregate the information on an anonymous basis with similar information for product enhancement.
We use Shopify to power our online store, and as such, we may share certain information about you with Shopify. You understand that we are not in control of how Shopify may use your personal information. You can read more about how Shopify uses your data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business objectives.
Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Coinlabs’ business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Protection: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Coinlabs products if we deem it necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coinlabs, our users, or third parties.
Breach of Terms: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Coinlabs products if we find that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any policies or usage guidelines for products or services.
Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Coinlabs products if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offence or attack. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Contractors, Manufacturers or partners of Coinlabs who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Coinlabs are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Coinlabs.
A User’s personal information will be retained for as long as the User receives the Services, for archiving purposes, and for any period during which there is a dispute between the User and Coinlabs and otherwise in our sole discretion.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect the personal data we gather about you, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented various policies, including encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a strong password that is unique to your Coinlabs account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your website and browser.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Coinlabs Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Coinlabs Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your data for as long as you are a user of the Coinlabs Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your data so that it no longer identifies you unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain specific personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your accounts, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or maintaining our users’ security.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE SEEK YOUR CONSENT
We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
Also, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include website hosting and development, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed only to perform their functions. We require companies with whom we contract for outsourced services to keep data received from us confidential and use it only for the indicated purposes.
WHAT RIGHTS AND CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
In compliance with certain restrictions under national law, as a data subject, you have the right to have access to, make updates, erase and restrict processing of your data. If you have any questions or objections about how we collect and process your personal information, please get in touch with our Customer Service. The Coinlabs Services also include settings that provide you with options for how your data is being used.
You can get a copy of the personal information collected by us, if any. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many features of Coinlabs Services.
You can add or update certain information by visiting your Coinlabs Account. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
Please see the Managing Your Preference section if you don’t want to receive email or other communications from us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
You may have some additional privacy rights if you’re a California resident. Please read our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure for a full description of your rights under California law.